Our experience would support that Eclipse for Java development will
frag the hard drive. I have Windows set to defrag my hard drive every
morning.
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Hockings [hockings@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:09 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDp 7.5 Loading very slowly

One thing that I have always been told is that heavy use of Eclipse (or is
it Java development?) can cause the drive it's running on to become highly
fragmented. So often the best solution is to defragment it.

Also check to make sure that you don't have a -clean on the shortcut that
you use to launch the product with (been there done that :)

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199
http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/community/hats

From:
"Austin, Mark" <Mark.Austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>