David Gibbs wrote:
I don't disagree with this ... but I suspect that the fact is largely
lost of _most_ System i developers.

If IBM really wants the System i community to move towards host server /
web application development, as apposed to green screen, then they should re-include the web tooling.

Yep, this is my point exactly.

'course if someone in the Eclipse community could create a good web
editor for Eclipse 3.2, then we could just install that plug-in in RDi
and ignore the fact that IBM removed it :)
And I have it on good faith that Rxx 7.5 should be based on Eclipse 3.4, which means there ought to be a bunch of good stuff to plug in. And at that point, it will be incumbent upon IBM to price the RAD component accordingly.