Re: [QUAR] Re: Rép. : With PDM on the mind , a question about options and substitution variables

fixed

You use standard JavaScript debugging techniques. You can use the alert statement to popup variables, you can use the out statement to write to the console, or you may be able to use one of the JavaScript debuggers out there, although I haven't tried the latter.

Remember, this isn't about writing complex applications, it's for writing simple macro scripts.

Joe

Joe,

how do you debug these scripts?

(cross-posted to WDSCi where it's probably more appropriate)

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer, Consumer Luminaires

Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/03/2008 15:01
Please respond to

Simon Coulter wrote:
What PDM needs is built-in scripting. Rexx would be a good choice. Fat chance!

And what Eclipse (RDi) has that PDM does not is exactly that - all kinds of built-in scripting. Currently most of it is a little rough around the edges, but it's very interesting. I've been playing with something called Eclipse Monkey that allows you to write RPG editor scripts using JavaScript.

The article just came out today: http://tinyurl.com/ysytuu

*