Albert_Slezak@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am moving to a new machine and I was wondering is there anyway to save all my preferences and put them on the new machine. Are they kept in a folder somewhere?

Preferences are workspace-specific. Every time you create a new workspace you have to go through setting all that stuff all over again. That being the case, the primary thing you have to worry about is moving your workspaces. Since you'll need to move those anyway, then you should be in good shape.

As an aside, although I've heard some folks talk against using a network drive (I think Don Yantzi in particular has said this) I personally find very little performance degradation on a good network drive. Now, I'm lucky enough to have a 100MB LAN with me as the sole user, so your mileage may indeed vary, but the nice thing about a network workspace is that it's really easy to set up a new machine and access existing workspace (real easy to share them, as well -- not at the same time, of course, but having a workspace that anybody can access as needed).

Joe