From: "Jon Paris" <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE performance against very large source files

On 4-Feb-08, at 1:38 PM, wdsci-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I find that my list of members in a source physical file growing
larger the
more I adopt modular practices. I would only expect them to grow
in number.
How would they be separated out differently? Logically separate
them into
differenlty named source physical files?

Well I got the impression that the OP had all source members for all
applications in a single file.

I agree that more modular practices increase the number of files, but
I tend to group relates subprocedures in a single source anyway.

Also I would associate a subsystem with a single file rather than a
whole system.

I should point out that I find large lists unmanageable in PDM as
well as in WDSC/RDi - so I'll use many techniques to avoid it.