On 5-Dec-07, at 1:00 PM, Joe Pluta wrote:

As to a "pure Java" version of WDSC, I've yet to hear word on that.
Although pieces are being rewritten all the time, there's been no clear
target set for rewriting the primary bits.

Like Joe I have not heard anything on this front. Have no idea why Bob thinks it might be happening.

It would be nice if it ran natively on other platforms, but in addition to the SWT issues mentioned by Joe, all of the verifiers and some other components are written in C/C++ and there is no way on earth those puppies are getting rewritten in Java. Without the verifier there is no Outline view - for example.

Maybe Rational will make the investment - but I don't see it happening until we're all paying them muchos $s per developer seat.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com