Looks like appropriate JVM and runtimes are installed (I have since reinstalled
1.6 more on this below):

Version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_01-b06)

1.5 1.5.0_11 http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\javaw.exe true

1.4 1.4.2_08 http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_08\bin\javaw.exe true

1.4 1.4.2_03 http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\javaw.exe true

1.6 1.6.0_01 http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\javaw.exe true

1.5 1.5.0_10 http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\javaw.exe true

I created a new workspace and was able to get back into WDSC this way. So then
I reinstalled Java 1.6 and it still works. So, I am guessing the Java upgrade
is unrelated? Now my question is, is there a workspace repair or cleanup tool
that I may recover my previous workspace with?

Here's a little more detail as to what is happening. When I open the workspace
the editor and views I had left open appear as well as RSE. RSE starts
expanding the hierarchy within itself to where I left off. I see the iSeries
Commands log run CHGCURLIB. Then message box RSEG1066U Operation failed with
exception 'Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.StackOverflowError)'. This
error reoccurs until it stops responding and I kill it.

This is in WDSC 6 with all updates.

Thanks,

Jim