As already posted by Don Yantzi in the WDSC Development Team Blog a couple
off weeks ago, a residency for updating the WDSC redbook from 5.1.2 to 7.0
has been announced. The System i related residencies are normally held in
Rochester, but since the WDSc team is located in Toronto, the residency is
scheduled to be run at the IBM Toronto Lab from June 4th to July 6th 2007.
The deadline for accepting any nomination is 02 May 2007 (next week!!).
Please don't hesitate to enroll online (
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/residents.nsf/IntNumber/SA-I771-R01?OpenDocument

) or contact Residency Leader Yessong Johng at yessong@xxxxxxxxxx, if
you have any questions.
There is a lot of stuff to update from 5.1.2 to 7.0 (moving from Eclipse
2.x to 3.2, RSE, WebFacing, Web Services, Web Development, and Java
Development changes and new features). This is a great opportunity to
learn WDSC inside out and really get to know us. Here a short description
of the residency:

Residency Announcement: SA-I771-R01 WebSphere Development Studio Client
for System i Handbook

Benefits to Resident: First-hand residency experience is the best way to
learn about new and changing technology. In this residency, you will gain
practical skills and knowledge regarding the latest release of WebSphere
Development Studio Client for System i. You will learn how to install it
and use multiple wizards for creating i5/OS applications. The services,
independent software vendors (ISVs), and IBM Business Partner communities
will especially find this residency helpful in leveraging this information
in the field.

This residency begins 04 Jun 2007, ends 06 Jul 2007 (5 weeks), and
requires 3 residents. The residency is running in Toronto, Canada.
Nominations should be submitted online on the Web by 02 May 2007.
The residency leader is Yessong Johng whose email address is
yessong@xxxxxxxxxxx
Note: ITSO pays authorized travel and living expenses for all residents,
but does not compensate for the time or services of its residents.

on V5.1.2 (which will go out of service in 2007). There are a lot of new
features added to this tool since V5.1.2 and many of the existing ones
have been updated. This book will cover all changes in WDSc since V5.1.2.
This book is important for supporting development of the new applications
for the System i platform. WDSc is critical for maintaining and expanding
the community of the i5/OS applications developers.

Objectives: The objectives of this project are:
- Create a quality IBM Redbook with the complete set of information about
WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i
- Add an array of the easy-to-follow examples that should serve as the
blueprint for many development tasks

To submit a nomination, you must use the online web nomination form at:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Residents.nsf/GetResidency?OpenAgent&ID=SA-I771-R01

Wilfried Blankertz
System i? Technical Sales IBM Germany