I have an RPG program where the code renames some fields on I specs:

I NAME NAM

The outline view has no reference to NAM when I expand Files, Record format. It shows the name as it appears in DSPFFD output of the file.

The outline view DOES show the proper reference under Fields.

The compiler listing shows the NAM references.

The intriguing thing about the outline view is that when I drill down through Files, Record format, Field all the way to NAME, under it are my NAM references in the code!

Files
FILENAME
RCDFMT
NAME
512

Line 512 has a reference to NAM even though the outline view shows it as NAME.

I checked the archives but didn't see if this was an option I could tickle.

My user story: I have an input file and an output file. The input file has some fields renamed to avoid a clash with the output file's fields. Some are not renamed for reasons known only to those who precede me. I have

READ INPUT
CLEAR OUTPUT
WRITE OUTPUT

and it turns out that the CLEAR is wiping out some of those not-renamed input fields. Whoops. As a quick fix, I figured I'd make a block of CLEAR statements using the output fields and then compare that block against the fields coming in from INPUT. But the outline view doesn't show the names as they appear in the code, and so I'm having a difficult time matching up my input fields to my output fields.
--buck