From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rick DuVall
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 8:14 AM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Cost of WDSCi (was Advanced vs. Standard)

Hi Group,

        <rant>
        I would just like to add - from a shop using 3 seats of wdsci and
code designer for rpgiv/java development - that my company has already paid
a very stiff price for the *allegedly* *Free* development tools we use.  The
price tag for the compilers and software subscription is enough to induce
heart failure in any developer on any other machine in the world.  It kind
of ticks me off to hear wdsci and code described as *free* when I see the
size of the checks going to IBM.  I don't know about the rest of you but I
Feel that I HAVE PAID ENOUGH.

        IBM can do what they will - if they want to charge for the tools
I'll just stay on V6 until it peters out and then transition to java in
eclipse - maybe on another platform. (I'm ticked)       </rant>

Regards,
Rick DuVall