First, let me say that I among many appreciate all of the work that the IBM
developers do to make WDSc a great tool.  My comments are not directed to
you.

I've been out sick the last couple of days, so missed the great hoopla
surrounding the big announcement.  I finally had a chance to read it and
have the following comments:

- Data Table View:  This is great!  I can't wait to use it.

- RSE Getting Started Page:  Way overdue...hope it provides the information
people will need to get them started.

- PDM and SEU Transition Guide:  Ditto previous comment.

- ILE RPG SQL support:  Glad to hear it.

- Table View changes:  Whatever...hope there are also settings to keep
column widths the same...I hate it when I switch to a different view and
come back to see only half of the member names visible.  Hope we'll also get
to see Library and Source File names.

- Application Diagram:  Someone else already made this comment, but if this
is RPG/COBOL specific, why only in AE?  I always thought Standard was a
replacement for green-screen development...this seems to fit into that
category.

- Screen Designer:  Glad to see it's finally coming, but...Screen Designer?
What about Printer Files?  Again, why AE?  Same reasoning as the previous
comment...this is a replacement for CODE/Designer...it should be part of
Standard.

It seems to me that if we are expecting developers to move from PDM/SEU, we
need to give them replacements (notice the word "give").  I know that my
company won't be paying for AE...not at $3500 or more.  I don't know who's
bright idea it was to put those last two items into AE only, but that is a
big mistake.  Yet another IBM Marketing Miracle.

Posting comments here is preaching to the choir.  Who should we be directing
these comments to?  Can we get an email-writing campaign started to clue IBM
in?  Perhaps a few hundred well-worded emails (not four-letter-filled) will
drive the point home that they need to correct this.

But, after so many years of doing everything in their power to kill this
platform, will they ever start to listen?
--Bruce Guetzkow