Michael, you may want to try the Verify process that Peter mentioned. It's a
bit cumbersome (verify, then compile), but it works.

On 11/10/06, Michael Rosinger <mrosinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael,

We are new to iSeries and I am just getting up to speed in WDSC. We will
be
migrating COBOL/DB2 programs from VSE to iSeries. The problem you
described
was one of the first I encountered and I consider it very serious. The IBM
resource that has been assisting us suggested a circumvention, but that
too
has its set of problems.

For the interim, the safest and least frustrating way that I've found is
open the spooled output from the compile that failed in a separate editor
window and swap between it and the source window while fixing the errors.

The good news is that this problem is getting more attention from
development and I am expecting a fix very soon.

--
Regards,

Michael Rosinger
Systems Programmer / DBA