Michael, you may want to try the Verify process that Peter mentioned. It's a
bit cumbersome (verify, then compile), but it works.

On 11/10/06, Michael Rosinger <mrosinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are new to iSeries and I am just getting up to speed in WDSC. We will
migrating COBOL/DB2 programs from VSE to iSeries. The problem you
was one of the first I encountered and I consider it very serious. The IBM
resource that has been assisting us suggested a circumvention, but that
has its set of problems.

For the interim, the safest and least frustrating way that I've found is
open the spooled output from the compile that failed in a separate editor
window and swap between it and the source window while fixing the errors.

The good news is that this problem is getting more attention from
development and I am expecting a fix very soon.

Michael Rosinger
Systems Programmer / DBA
Computer Credit, Inc.
640 West Fourth Street
Winston-Salem, NC  27101
m rosinger at cciws dot com
"Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> What's the best practice for fixing SQLRPGLE compile errors in WDSc?
> the problem of double clicking the compile error and WDSc bringing up an
> RPGLE member still exists. What's the best way to deal with this? Just
> deal
> with it? :) Use a combination of green screen compiles and WDSc editing?

mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.