Rob,

I have had this problem for a long time, and talked with the developers
about it at COMMON last spring.  The only thing I have found that comes
close is for Table Views.  Preferences > Remote Systems > iSeries > Table
View   and check on the "Re-open to previous state"  This does ok, but still
does not remember the column sizes I have chosen, and it remembers the last
list I had in there.  It is better than the columns resizing themselves, but
not great.

HTH

Jim