Hi Ewout,

WDSCi 6.0 was based on Eclipse 3.0.x which does not officially support J2SE
1.5. This webpage has some information about what the Java Development
Tooling supports in 3.0.x: http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/core/r3.0/main.html.

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             Ewout N Boter
             tt.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
                                       [WDSCI-L] Using J2SE 1.5.0 in WDSCi
             09/15/2006 09:26          6.0
             Please respond to
             Studio Client for

Hi group,

I was doing a Java tutorial from Sun. I copied some sample code from the
tutorial to WDSCi, and tried to run the sample. It turned out that the
code contained some features that were introduced in J2SE 1.5.0. Now, I
have downloaded and installed jre1.5.0_06. In Window - Preferences - Java
- Installed JREs, I have marked this version of the JRE as the default
version. Nevertheless, the code still cannot be compiled. (For your
information: the code used System.out.format.) What am I missing? Or is it
just plainly impossible to use version 1.5.0 in WDSCi version 6?

mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.