Source not updated

fixed

This morning I made a change to an RPG/400 source member using LPEX and
compiled it from WDSc.  I ran the program from a 5250 session and the
change did not appear to have taken effect, so I debugged the program.
In debug mode, I noticed that the source did not include my change.  I
checked my compile listing and it was also missing there.  I checked the
source via PDM and it does not have my change and shows a last changed
date of 09/01/06.  I confirmed that I was working with the correct
member by attempting to open it for edit in SEU.  It gave me a message
saying that it was locked.  I closed the member in WDSc and then I was
able to open it with SEU.  I closed SEU and opened the member again in
WDSc and it does have my change.

Two questions:
1. How do I force my change to be applied?
2. How do I keep this from happening again?