Mike Troxclaire wrote:

> I am new to RPG and I have a very simple question. I am using RSE and want
> to see the display/output of this program in RSE. How would I go about doing
> that? Even in green screen I see the output in a flash and the control comes
> back to the prompt.
> ... Is there a break point I need to be inserting somewhere?...Any help
> would be much appreciated.
>       /free
>          dsply myDateISO ;
>          dsply myDateUSA ;
>          *inlr = *on ;
>       /end-free

Mike, just to answer your greenscreen question, if you don't have a
result field for DSPLY, then sometimes the DSPLY flashes the way you are
seeing.  (But not always; try calling your program from a WRKMBRPDM
command line.)

If you want your program to always halt so you can see the DSPLY, try
coding a result field for one or all of your DSPLYs.  (The second
operand is a blank literal.)

D wait        s              1a
 /free
       dsply myDateISO ;
       dsply myDateUSA ;
       dsply 'Press Enter'   ' '   wait;
 /end-free

(But it's almost always faster/easier just to use a debugger, rather
than using DSPLY.)