Also, the source file that goes to the new persisting file turns up as
type RPGLE instead of SQLRPGLE.

And there is still the general downside that it takes me to the right
place in the code, but it's the "temporary" copy of the code that I get
pointed to, and not the actual member I'm editing.  So I can find out
where the error is, but I have to switch back to the original member and
go find that same location before I can edit it.

I think this is a deep design problem, as the comments on the CODE400-L
list seem to suggest.

The question is, does IBM plan to change it any time soon, or is it so
deep that it can't really be changed ?

Greg