From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Phippard
Sent: 06 February 2006 20:23
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using Eclpise and Subclipse

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/06/2006 03:10:38 PM:

> We are using Subclipse and have noticed a couple of odd things.
>
> 1) When any of us update our projects from the repository, Eclipse
decides it
> needs to push everything down to the iSeries even though the versions
> retrieved into our projects are no different to the versions on the
iSeries

So are you saying you have an iSeries Project stored in a Subversion
repository.  You use Subclipse to do an update of your local copy.  After
doing the update, if you take the Push Changes option it wants to push all
of the files to the iSeries even though you have not changed them?

Assuming that is the scenario, then isn't the problem likely that iSeries
Projects has some kind of file timestamps that it bases these decisions
on?  When you do an update in Subclipse, any file that it updates is going
to have the timestamp set to the current date/time.

> 2) When getting updates to the "Team" RemoteSystemsConnections we cannot
see
> the updates unless we end Eclipse and restart it.
>
> Is this normal behaviour ?

Never used the feature, so I cannot say.

Also, you do not say, but I assume you are using WDSC 6 and Subclipse
0.9.105?

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email
Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.