Since I couldn't find any solutions in the archives for Tim's post,
here's the solution provided by IBM support in Toronto:

After clicking Find Updates, your taken to the Updates tab which
reflects the following:

-- IBM Rational Web Developer
 -- 6.0.1.1
-- IBM Websphere Development Studio Client
 -- Interim Fix 6.0.0.2 for iSeries Documentation
 -- Interim Fix 6.0.0.3 for Remote System Explorer
 -- Interim Fix 6.0.0.1 for iSeries Tutorials
 -- Interim Fix 6.0.0.3 for IBM WebFacing Tool
 -- Interim Fix 6.0.0.2 for iSeries Web and Java

Click the Clear All Exceptions button to remove the checkmarks,
select just the 6.0.1.1 checkbox and click the Install Updates.
This will give you the ability to "agree" to the licensing.
After the 6.0.1.1 updates are complete, the panel is updated
and only the Interim Fixes are shown.  Rince and Repeat for
each Interim Fix shown.  Do each fix individually - this is
supposed to provide for an easier rollback in the event of
problems.

FWIW, I downloaded the ZIP file versions, changed the Update
Settings to point to the hard drive, etc. etc.... and the
update process STILL went to the 'net to download massive
files.  Regardless, you better have a very high-speed
connection, extrememly fast PC CPU and LOTS of disk space
if you hope to get these updates installed within a couple
of hours!

If I had to do this again, I would wait for the Systems
Programmer to order the updates from IBM on a DVD if
possible.

</rant>
The whole WDSC/RAD installation and online update was
laughable...no wonder legacy shops are staying away
from moving to the latest/greatest GUI development
tools/techniques.
</end rant>

Terry