You probably have to have the firewall open the ports required for the
update.  I found this by doing a Google:

RPU client configuration via a Web server
You will need to do several steps in order to communicate only with the
real IBM update site using a proxy server to get through a firewall.
Ensure that the RPU is terminated. Navigate to the <Rational Product
Updater Install Directory>\updater\eclipse\configuration\ directory and
create a file called httpProxy.properties with the following contents:

enabled=true
host=<Your proxy host address>
port=<Your proxy port number>

When the RPU is restarted, it will now use the proxy information stored in
the httpProxy.properties file to communicate with the update site.

HTH,

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/02/02 02:57 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Cannot Install Interim Fix 6.0.0.2 for iSeriesWeb&JavaTools

I tried stopping PC-Cillin, which closes down both the firewall and the
virus checking.  I know the firewall is down because Window tells me
immediately that my machine is vunerable.

But sill no success on just this one fix.

At work, where I can't ignore the firewall, I created a
httpProxy.properties
file with enabled=true and host=proxyurl, but I don't see how to make
something like this applicable on my home PC.

Sam