Hi Kevin,

When verifying from an iSeries project, the Error List view should open
your project version of your member.
If you look in the error list, you can see the difference when a project
events file is loaded because the title is:
project -- <connection>lib/file(mbr)

When compiling from iSeries projects (by right clicking on the member,
selecting Remote Actions->Compile->compile_cmd) You should then see the
member pushed to the host (if needed) then the Job Status view appear after
the compile is submitted.  When the job has completed, you can right click
on the job and select Task Actions->Retrieve Errors.  This will download
the events file into the Error List view.  Again the title is different
than when compiling members from RSE:
connection -- job_name
Double clicking in the error list should open the project version.

The only times during compile/verify when you double click and the project
version of the member might not be opened is:
1) you project references are not correctly set and your /COPY members or
Copy books have errors in the error list and are in a different
project/library
2) The /COPY members or Copy books have errors in the error list and have
not yet been downloaded to a project

If you continue to have problems with the remote copy being opened, I
suggest that you contact your IBM support folks for assistance.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing
more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. - Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry