In WDSC V6 using the LPEX editor to edit CL source, I was getting annoyed
after saving and the save box was still highlighted.
For example, add a space after PGM in a CL source and hit the save button.
It still stays highlighted.  I did not have auto-formatting on either.
Doing the "set save.trim off" at the LPEX command line fixed the problem.
APAR SE23157 was supposed to be created for this but I don' see it.  Oh
well.
Note from IBM: "APAR SE23157 has been created for the save problem in LPEX
from RSE in WDSC
V6. There is no schedule for the fix to be made because there are
circumventions:"...
Here is what IBM responded with from the PMR below:

Action Taken: Received developer update:

"I have identified a problem in the CL formatter as follows:
On certain commands, formatting adds trailing blanks to a CL statement.
Then when the user saves, Remote Systems LPEX Editor trims these blanks,
which then triggers a parse on the trimmed line.  This parse also
reformats the line again, which changes the member/file and causes the
'*' to reappear in  tab - causing the user to believe that the save
didn't complete.
There are several circumventions:
When the problem occurs:
1) Ignore the '*' as the changes were actually saved.
2) Turn auto-format off, and then save again.
3) In the editor command line, enter

   set save.trim off

   And save again."

Action Plan:
 S7> COMPID= 5722WDS03
APAR SE23157 created. Sent note with APAR information.

Maybe this will benefit someone else.

Craig Strong