Van: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Mark Phippard
Verzonden: woensdag 27 april 2005 14:55
Aan: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Onderwerp: Re: [WDSCI-L] Message plug-in

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/27/2005 07:37:56 AM:

> My current setup:
> When I login (5250 screen) a CL is activated in batch that starts
> monitoring my message queue (defined in my userprofile). It filters
> all messages and only puts te relevant messages in another message
> queue (in my personal library) which is set to *BREAK mode. So, in my
> 5250 screen I will only get the messages which are relevant to me.
>
> My wish:
> When I startup WDSCi I DO NOT want to monitor the message queue that
> is mentioned in my user profile but ONLY the message queue in my
> personal library. I want to see these messages as pop-ups.
>
> This is what I already tried:
>
> 1) Create a new filter under the 'iSeries Messages' subsystem to only
> view messages in my personal library and delete the default 'my
> messages' filter.
> This won't work because when I make a connection in WDSCi I get the
> message 'Message queue already assigned to another task', which is
> correct for the queue in my userprofile, but that is not the queue I
> want to monitor. Somehow the plugin insists on connecting to the
> message queue from my user profile, at least I thought so until.....
>
> 2) Create a new user where the message queue is set to the queue in my

> personal library.
> This won't work because the plugin tries to connect to a messagequeue
> in QUSRSYS with the same name as the username. Strange, because this
> userprofile is setup to monitor the message queue in my personal
> library.
>

> Conclusion:
>
> The plugin only takes a look at the username and WANTS to connect to a

> message queue in QUSRSYS with the same name as the username regardless

> of the settings in the userprofile. Is this by design or am I missing
> something?

I took a quick look.  What we are doing is specifiying a message queue
of:

com.ibm.as400.access.MessageQueue.CURRENT

I would have expected this to use the *MSGQ specified in your *USRPRF.
But you are correct, according to the JavaDoc it assumes the *MSGQ is
the same name as your profile and located in QUSRSYS.

Mark