  I've never been able to update from work because I can't get through the
  corporate firewall.    I believe it's because we run a Microsoft firewall
  and for some reason WDSc, or Eclipse, can handle it.  Consequently, I've
  been unable to install Softlandings free plugins.  I download the zip
  files for IBM updates and run the update process from my local drive--the
  last few updates have been very smooth this way, once you figure out which
  zip file to download.

I believe IBM is aware of the Microsoft IIS problem, but can't or won't
fix it.

  Sam

  >From: Alan Campin <Alan.Campin@xxxxxxx>
  >To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  >Subject: [WDSCI-L] Update not working through proxy.
  >Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:32:39 -0700
  >
  >I have had a Firewall password until recently and I was able run Internet
  updates without a problem. I tried to put another programmer on WDSC and
  they could not update because they did not have a Firewall password. Now I
  do not have a Firewall password and have configured for proxy but I keep
  getting the following messages.

  "http://support.softlanding.com/updates/site.xml";
  [http://support.softlanding.com/updates/site.xml]

  >I thought it might be a Softlanding problem but it does the same thing
  with every site. I looked through the archives and it look like a lot of
  people have had problems with updates in the past but don't see any
  solution.

  >I download all the updates from Internet that I can but want to be able
  to check for new updates. Also, some sites like Softlanding do not allow
  you to directly access the site. You must go through update to get to
  them.