I went around and around with this issue with IBM. I have a Make utility that
allows you to put compile commands in the header of a source member. It is a
great tool. Have tried to get it published in ISeries News before but they
won't take it. They say they cannot figure out any reason anyone would need a
Make tool? Brother.

So my header for a CL compile looks like this.

 /*    *_> CNLLSTSPLF SRCFILE(@2/@1) SRCMBR(@3)
*/
 /*    *_> DLTMOD MODULE(@5/@4)
*/
 /*    *_> CRTCLMOD MODULE(@5/@4) SRCFILE(@2/@1) SRCMBR(@3) +
*/
 /*    *_>   DBGVIEW(@9) OPTIMIZE(@8) OPTION(*EVENTF)
*/

Anyway, in order to get it to work, I issue the command COMPILE though WDSC but
like you, I did not get anything back. I notice below that David says
OPTION(*SRCDBG). I think he meant to say OPTION(*EVENTF) but that still did not
work. You always have to use OPTION(*EVENTF) and I could see the Event file
being built but not being returned to me. Finally found that the only way I
could get it to work was to compile interactively and that would work. I, also,
got the free plug-in from Softlanding to retrieve messages from the message
queue to show me the result messages.

Never got to work with batch compiles but then I ended up using the Turnover
plug-in which works great to do all the compiles so all for nothing so I don't
use my make utility anymore.

Never did get anything back from IBM as to way it would not return events with
batch compiles. The only thing that seems to be occurring is that IBM does not
monitor for the messages from the batch compiles unless it is one of their
built-in commands but interactive works fine.

Hope this helps.

date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:40:01 -0600
from: David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Re: Compile commands

Siffert Laurent wrote:
> We've created a CL that groups some operations like CRTBNDCBL and other
> compile commands.
> We have created a command for that CL.
> I introduced than command into WDSC (menu compile, work with compile
> commands).
> My problem is : I don't get any more messages in the iSeries Error List
> when I use that command from WDSC. It worked fine when I compiled my
> source with the built-in CRTBNDCBL.

Make sure your compile command has the following parameters (even if it
doesn't need them): SRCMBR(&N) OPTION(*SRCDBG)

This is how WDSC figures out that it should retrieve the error list.

david

--
David Gibbs
david@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email