   I took a peek at the PDF and discover something else new to me:  SDO.
   Looks like another technology to wonder about.

     Connect your Web applications to relational databases , EJB components
     and Web services using simple point-and-click tools that support Service
     Data Objects, an emerging industry standard for accessing heterogeneous
     data

   It also mentions EGL, for those who don't want to learn Java.  Informix
   4GL has been around for a long time.

   Code in a 4GL and generate to Java

   Enterprise Generation Language (EGL) is a fourth generation language that
   enables procedural developers to rapidly develop and debug data-driven Web
   applications and business logic using familiar programming constructs and
   without coding in Java. EGL incorporates constructs and functionality from
   Informix 4GL to make Web Developer a perfect development environment for
   Informix developers. EGL is tightly integrated with JavaServer Faces so
   you can build highly interactive, data-driven Web applications using JSF
   components.

   Sam

   <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   >Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] IBM Rational Web Developer for
   WebsphereSoftwareVersion 6.0
   >Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:01:04 -0600
   >
   >Cool PDF!  I am looking forward to the next version to see what
   >additional features the IDE has!
   >
   >One thing that troubles me is every iSeries Java expert that I have
   >talked to or have sat through their sessions at seminars like DevCon
   >have said that EJB's are not the way to go. I have also heard from these
   >experts that even IBM doesn't think EJB's are the way to go (probably
   >just a sector of IBM), and then I see a PDF like this detailing future
   >features and it is still pro-EJB.

   Rock, jazz, country, soul & more. Find the music you love on MSN Music!