From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:51 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Profiles, Filter Pools, and Library Lists

Kelly

I found multiple connections to be a reasonable way to manage library
lists. You can have multiple connections to the same server under the same
profile. You probably know how, but here goes - right-click on the
connection, click on Properties, click on Susbsystems, then on the iSeries
Commands tab. There you can set the library list for this connection. This
setting propagates to all subsystems under that connection. You can
right-click a subsystem, such as iSeries Commands or IFS Files, click on
Properties, and then on Initial Library List. Making a change here affects
all other subsystems, although it would appear that you could set it for
each one, since it is editable in each subsystem. Sigh!

So, if you can have only one profile active at a time (is that why you had
to jump around?), then using multiple connections might give you what you want.

HTH
Vern