Here's what we had to do to make sure everyone was configured correctly for
compiling:

1. Right-click on the iSeries connection in RSE and choose "Properties".
2. Choose "Subsystems" and look under the "iSeries Objects" tab.
3. Make sure everything is grayed out or set the way you want it set.

4. Go to Window > Preferences > Remote Systems > iSeries > Command
Execution.
5. Make sure the "Job description" is set to *USRPRF.

6. Go to the iSeries 5250 command line and enter WRKUSRPRF.
7. The key parameters in your user profile are JOBD and OUTQ.  If you have a
JOBD in your user profile that goes to a live printer, the compile output
will be printed even if you have the OUTQ parameter set to an output queue
that does not print.  Remember, the compile is using the JOBD from your user
profile.

We have a job description that we use for the JOBD parameter.  The output
queue parameter inside that job description is set to *USRPRF.  The OUTQ
paramater in our user profiles are set to a non-printing outq.  This works
for us.

Hope this helps.
Kelly