Update: I fixed the SQLCA problem by putting the define on Windows>
Preferences > Remote Systems > iSeries > Verifiy > RPG or some such

Still cannot ge the external data structure to copy in though.

>>> DBoettch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/19/2004 4:08:17 PM >>>
Hello  to all,,

Well, we finally have our new PCs and I am trying to use WDSCi Version Build 20040127_1200.  It certainly is faster that Version 4

The problem I have found now is in verifying an SQLRPGLE member.  At
first it could not find my files.  So I added the data file library to
the library list in the Remote Systems window.  Verified again - files
are there.  However, there is a data structure defined like this:
     D HSFS001MDA    EUDS                  EXTNAME(HSFS001MDA:*all)

(I added the :*all" thinking that would help)

The file HSFS001MDA is also in the data files library.  But I keep on
getting the error that there are no fields in the data structure and
outline view does not show fields either.

Also, In CODE I could enter this
      /COPY QGPL/COPYBOOK,sqlca_ds

Then I defined a condition on the verifier as NEED_SQLCA and the copy
member would be used for verify.  When I try to define a condition
when prompting the verify, my condition name does not seem to "stick"
and it is apparently not used because I still get the undefined
for SQLSTT for example.

I did not expect SQL to be without problems, but somehow thought my
workarounds would still work.  Maybe I need to set it up somewhere

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Dave Boettcher
mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.