   See at least a partial answer below:

   ------------------------------

   date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:22:39 -0500
   from: "Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   subject: [WDSCI-L] Custom Compile Getting back Error List

     Couple of questions:

     1) Suppose I have a custom command to compile a program. I can add it as
     Compile Command and then I believe I can run it against any program. But
     what would I need to do to get the compile errors back? Is
   OPTION(*EVENTF)
     all that is needed?

   For CBLLE, CLLE, & RPGLE using 'OPTION(*EVENTF)' on the compile command
   used by RSE should work.
   For CBL, CLP, & RPGLE use 'OPTION(*SRCDBG)'

   My notes are sketchy, but for SQLCBLLE and SQLRPGLE we added
   'OPTION(*EVENTF)' and 'DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)' to our custom compile command.
    We got the solution by opening a PMR with SupportLine.

     2) From what I can see, compile commands have many of the PDM
   parameters,
     but I don't see &S, which in PDM is the type of the source file, e.g.,
     RPGLE or CLP.
   Each file type has it's own compile command(s).  You have to add your
   custom command to each source type.

   Michael Quigley
   Systems-Analyst
   The Way International