If you use the toolbox driver with the option "driver=native", then the
toolbox driver will select whether to use the native driver or the toolbox
driver, according to the location of the DB.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Williams [mailto:colin.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 January 2004 12:49
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: [WDSCI-L] WAS 4.0 Datasource

Ive developed a web app in WDSC for deployment on WAS 4.0 Advanced.

This app uses dbbeans to access the database via WAS defined datasources
using connection pooling provided by the toolbox driver
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSource .

I have gone through the pain barrier and this db access is mostly working.

This all works on WDSC, but I have come up against a problem when I deploy
to WAS 4.0.

When I want to access the local AS400, I use datasource defined using the
db2 native access provided by

To allow me to use standard library list I set naming=system. For some
reason this property works fine with the toolbox driver, but seems to be
ignored by native driver.

Does anyone know why, and if there is a way round this. Ive tried
naming=sys, naming = system, naming=*SYS, still no joy.

For the latest on Bertram Books products and services and for
up-to-the-minute book news visit www.bertrams.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
and privileged and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete this
e-mail and any attachments immediately

mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.