Switching between perspective is not the same as Fast Views.  I prefer to
switch between perspectives.  It is quick and easy to do.  There is
nothing magic about Perspectives.  All they are are a pre-arranged setting
of views.  I usually create one or two the way I like them and then save
them with my own names.  You do not have to be in the Java perspective to
edit Java for example.  If you want to do it while in RSE, just open the
Java Views you need, like the Package Explorer and Outline and stack them
with the RSE explorer.  Then just open a Java file when you want to edit
it.

What I do not like about Fast Views is just the mechanics of how they
work.  I prefer to arrange the views the way I want them, and then just
double-click the editors to maximize them when I need to.

The great thing about Eclipse/WDSC is that we can each work the way we
want to.  We are not forced to use any specific pre-defined Perspectives
or arrangements of windows.

Mark

"Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/26/2003 09:56 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries