For marking mismatched/superseded PTF's as installed in WDSC 5.0 (5.0.1) in
the Communications Daemon.
Errors:
1. SI08018 is required but not installed.  Answer: Not out yet.
2. SI08020 and SI08194 for product 5722SS1 are not installed.  Answer:
SI08020 is superseded by SI08594 and SI08194 is for product 5722WDS.
IBM, please change the documentation to reflect this.

Example:
When installing WDSC 5.0 and checking PTF's, I see SI08018 and SI08020 are
missing for product 5722SS1 but required.  Furtherrmore, the readme says
they are required.  With help by IBM, I found out SI08018 is not out yet
and SI08020 is superseded by SI08594 for product 5722WDS.  This is not
documented anywhere in the PTF cover letter for either SI08020 or SI08594.
The only superseding in the cover letter appears to be from SI04892.  IBM,
could you please rectify this so SI05894 is shown to supersede SI08020?
Since we know SI08020 is superseded, I marked SI08020 as installed by
manually changing an XML file.

To mark PTF's as installed manually:
We will be looking for the file named hostprereqs.xml.
In WDSC 5.0, this file should be changed in:
X:\WDSC\iseries\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.iseries.core_5.0.0
\hostprereqs.xml.
This file also exists in the same directory except last characters 5.0.1
but it appears 5.0.0 is the one used.
This file also exists in X:\WDSC\java\ and a copy called hostprereqs
(copy1).xml in X:\WDSC\WSSD\plugins\com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.
IBM, could you please verify that we only need to change the XML file in
...5.0.0?
Anyway, open this ..5.0.0\hostprereqs.xml file in Word or some other XML
editing tool and search for SI08020.  Change this value to SI08594 and the
product above it from 5722SS1 to 5722WDS and save.
Now, "Check PTF" in Communications Daemon again and you should see SI08594
for product 5722WDS check marked if it is installed on the iSeries.  Also,
notice that SI08194 now shows up as installed since it is part of 5722WDS.
This is yet another error in the original XML file installed with WDSC 5.0.
SI08194 is supposed to be for product 5722WDS, not 5722SS1.  The only PTF
left showing as uninstalled should probably be SI08018 which is not out
yet.

I hope this help.

Thanks,
Craig Strong