A generic mechanism for customizing the colors of the parsers will be added to the "LPEX Editor" preference pages.

This aside, any parser can be extended, and then the new parser class may be used with a new parser name or to redefine an existing parser name, and associated with the file extension(s) which apply. This can be done programmatically, or via the "LPEX Editor" -> "Parsers" and/or -> "Parser Associations" preferences.

Now, *what* exactly can be extended in each parser depends on the public and protected methods it makes available for this purpose.

Bartell, Aaron L. (TC) wrote:
Could LPEX extensions be written to accomplish some of the requests we have
submitted to FRED?  For instance, I wanted any and all BIFs to be color
coded (maybe color them red for instance).  Or is that a higher level?