> From: John Taylor
>
> Last week, Joe Pluta described how to view multiple editor windows at
> the same time. That works well, but what I still haven't found a way to
> do is to view the _same_ source member in multiple editor windows. In
> Code/400, I'd do this by selecting the menu option View|Split|View with
> a source member open.
>
> Joe, what's the secret?

Ooo man, you've stumped me, John.  I don't know of a way to open the same
member twice within the same workbench.  I have a very kludgy workaround -
you can open a second workbench and then maximize the editor pane within
both workbenches, then put them side by side.

To open a second workbench, rightclick on one of the filters in RSE and
select "Open in New Window".  This only works at the filter level, and will
open up a new workbench with just the contents of that filter.  You can then
use the navigator to open a source member.  Make sure to open in browse
mode.  You can then open the member in the original workbench as well.

Next, maximize the editor pane in each workbench by double-clicking on the
tab for that editor.  This will expand the pane to take up the whole
workbench.  Finally, resize the two workbench windows on your desktop to be
side by side.

It's not pretty, and it's read-only, but it's the best I can do.  You might
want to ask Phil about more options.

Joe