Dear all,
More vacancies at Tyco Healthcare that may be of interest to someone out
there!

Please do not reply to me but to Nick.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are looking for two Cognos developers to add to the E-business & Data
Warehousing team.  These are new jobs, as the team is expanding (2
developers currently) to fulfil increasing demand from the business.

The job is based in Gosport, Hampshire, where we support subsidiaries across
Europe. Powerplay cubes and Impromptu reports are required over a Data
Warehouse built from JBA Finance and Commercial applications and (soon) BPCS
/ I2 manufacturing and planning systems.

A full job spec is given below. Essentially we are looking for people with
very good Cognos development skills (guru?) or some Cognos with RPG
programming (JBA / BPCS an advantage).

Anybody interested, please send your CV direct to me at
Nick.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (i.e. not via System 21 Users) or call me
on
+44 (0)1329 224312 or mobile +44 (0)7764 368860.

Regards,
Nick John
Director of Business Systems (E-Business & Data Warehousing)
Tyco Healthcare EMEA
Tel: +44(0) 1329 22 4312
Mob: +44(0) 7764 36 88 60
Fax: +44(0) 1329 22 4389

BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
A Vacancy exists at Tyco Healthcare, within the EMEA Information Services
department, for a Business Systems Analyst, working with Cognos Business
Intelligence software.

The position will report to the Director of Business Systems (E-Business &
Data Warehousing) and is based at the EMEA Computer Centre in Gosport,
Hampshire.

This is a key position, working within a team of 4-5 Data Warehouse
developers who are responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting
the business intelligence applications used by Tyco decision makers across
Europe and beyond.  The role requires detailed knowledge of the Cognos
'Powerplay' and 'Impromptu' applications and expertise in the use of Cognos
development tools.

A successful candidate must have the ability to interpret user requirements
and write clear specifications, at a user and technical level, for
appropriate solutions.  The position also requires skill in anticipating
problems, understanding issues, and resolving them. Required personal
characteristics include a willingness to work closely and professionally
with colleagues in the team and the wider EIS department, and an aptitude to
build good working relationships with partners in the business.

Occasional travel may be required, within Europe, to present new
functionality and provide training and technical support for users.

Skills and characteristics sought from the candidate include:

·       Extensive knowledge of Cognos software applications
·       2 - 3 years experience as a Cognos application developer
·       Knowledge of SQL coding
·       Good time management and organisational skills
·       Familiarity with a commercial business environment
·       Interpersonal skills to build and develop business relationships
·       Ability to interpret, clarify and analyse user requirements
·       Ability to write coherent, structured specifications and other
documents
·       Confidence to deliver small presentations and user training
·       Familiarity with change control disciplines

 Other skills that would be of benefit are:

·       Experience with ERP applications, particularly JBA
·       Knowledge of AS/400 architecture and RPG programming
·       Familiarity with web-based applications and XML

This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above,
and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error,
you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it
or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to
do so could be a breach of confidence. Please contact us on +44 (0) 1329
224000 or email postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need assistance.
Thank you for your co-operation.