Yogesh,

Obviously the issue is auditing these users and printing a joblog is just a
method to do this, albeit not a very good one.
You will have to convince the auditors that
a. The joblog contains everything you need to audit and is not modifiable.
b. You read the joblog printout and verify that only good stuff happened
there.

You will find that both are difficult to do.
I recommend that you use AS400 Auditing to track these users.
See the CHGUSRAUD command. For example, the following command will set
auditing on user SHALOM on all commands, object creation, object deletion,
adopting authority, restoring something and modifying security parameters
such as their own auditing.

CHGUSRAUD USRPRF(SHALOM) AUDLVL(*CMD *CREATE *DELETE *PGMADP *SAVRST
*SECURITY)

You will have to turn on the system level auditing, and you will have to
read and parse the audit journal to understand what's in it.
Luckily there is a lot of documentation on brewing your own system, as well
as commercial tools to help you out.

Some of the vendors who sell Audit analysis tools are:
Raz-Lee , PowerTech , BSafe , NetIQ and there are more that I don't recall
at the moment.

Being on the advisory board of RazLee, I can recommend their product from
first hand experience.

Shalom Carmel

message: 2
date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:38:56 +0530
from: "Yogesh Pathak" <yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [Security400] Printing Job Log

Dear All,

Thanks for all the replies. At present I am looking at adding exit program
to the Signoff command. If I run into trouble will ping you guys again.

Thanks and Regards
?
Yogesh Pathak
Technoforte Software Pvt. Ltd.
(An ISO 9001:2008 Company)
#42, 14th Main, 15th Cross,
Sector IV, HSR Layout,
Bangalore 560 034
?
Ph: 91-80-25729663 / 64 Ext: 212
Fax: 91-80-25729665
?
Mobile(India): +91-99455 10993
Mobile(UAE): +971-50 2450290
?
email: yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
?
?
"You have a right to expect all that is good and high from yourself -
indeed
you must demand it from yourself - but as far as others are concerned, you
must be tolerant."
- Parthasarathi Rajagopalachari