The easy way is to write a program or a number of programs and make
the owner QSECOFR and when you create the programs take F4 and use 'USRPRF
*OWNER', the default is *USER.  Change the owner of the programs QSECOFR.
Make sure that the user cannot get to a command line while using the menu
options, since they will still have QSECOFR authority if they can.
      Hope this helps.
 Julio Domingo
 American General Financial Services
 AS/400 SYSTEMS ANALYST

                      "Chuck Lewis"
                      <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>          To:
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      security400-bounces@m        Subject:  [Security400]
Allowing Someone to Create User
                      09/24/2003 08:09 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Administration on the
                      AS400 / iSeries

Hi Folks,

Small shop and no one here has a real clue about the iSeries
"operations-wise" (but everyone LOVES the reliability and speed !).

I am basically "it in IT" and when I am off, on the road or whatever and a
User Profile needs to be created it has to wait. I am VERY leery of giving
anyone other than maybe the CFO the authority to do this. So am I stuck ?

I know YEARS back you could adopt QSECOFR but I think that is something
was shutdown sometime ago (?).

On an 810 at V5R2.

This is the Security Administration on the AS400 / iSeries (Security400)
mailing list
or email: Security400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx