Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:06:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Dan <dbcerpg@yahoo.com>
To: Security Administration on the AS400 / iSeries
<security400@midrange.com>
Subject: Re: [Security400] RE: DMPSYSOBJ adopted authority
Message: 5

This is where I get a bit fuzzy, so others more knowledgeble in here
will confirm or deny...

Actually, you wouldn't give the program an *ALLOBJ authority.  You
would "label" the program object to always run as if it was being run
by another user profile that had appropriate authority, in this case,
*ALLOBJ.  In this case, you might ask your boss to change the ownership
of the program object to his profile, then do a CHGPGM on it with parms
USRPRF(*OWNER) USEADPAUT(*YES).  Then see if you can run it under your
signon.

There are some potential security pitfalls with adopted authority, but
your environment, being at level 20, doesn't appear to be a high risk
environment.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com