Hello to Group,

In an earlier post to rpg400-l I asked how to retrieve PDM Default
Options (F18 from wrkmbrpdm screen).

I got several great replies all pointing to using the DMPSYSOBJ command w/
certain parms to generate a spool file and ferreting the Default Options
out of there.

Dan provided me with a CL pgm to generate the dump of a user profile and an
RPG pgm to sort it all out.  Leaving the RPG pgm out for now the CL pgm is
below-

1) CL program RTVPDMDFTP

 Pgm   Parm( &User )   /* or use RTVJOBA USER(&USER) */

     Dcl &User        *Char (  10   )

 /*  RtvJobA    User( &User )  */

     OvrPrtF    File( QPSRVDMP ) Hold( *Yes )
     DmpSysObj  Obj( &User ) Context( QSYS ) Type( 0E ) SubType( C4 )

     CrtPF      File( QTEMP/PDMDUMP ) RcdLen( 132 )
       MonMsg     CPF7302

     CpySplf    File( QPSRVDMP ) ToFile( QTEMP/PDMDUMP ) Job( * ) +
                  SplNbr( *Last )

     DltOvr     QPSRVDMP
     DltSplF    File( QPSRVDMP ) Job( * ) SplNbr( *Last )

     CrtDtaAra  DtaAra( QTemp/$PDMdftsDA ) Type( *Char ) Len( 256 ) +
                  Text( 'PDM Defaults for current user' )
       MonMsg     CPF1023

  /* Call       RtvPDMdftR   Parm( &User )  */

EndPgm

After I got authority to the dmpsysobj command (didn't have at first)

I compiled the CL program and called it using my userid, to start,

Here's what I got in the PDMDUMP file.

....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+.
...8....+....9..
PDMDUMP

5769SS1 V4R4M0  990521                      AS/400 DUMP
172149/JBRUSLING/QPADEV0034
DMPSYSOBJ PARAMETERS

OBJ- JBRUSLING                       CONTEXT- QSYS

TYPE- 0E   SUBTYPE-C4

OBJECT TYPE-           INDEX
*INTPRF
NAME-        JBRUSLING                       TYPE-          0E   SUBTYPE-
C4
LIBRARY-     QSYS                            TYPE-          04   SUBTYPE-
01
USER NOT AUTHORIZED TO DUMP OBJECT

END OF DUMP

                                          * * * * *  E N D  O F  L I S T I N
G  * * * * *

Even when I ran the dmpsysobj command manually, the spool file had the same
results.

It's my user profile, but apparently I'm not authorized to my profile object
?

When my boss run's it from his user profile (*allobj) authority, it works.

Can anyone shed some light on this please ?

Thanks for any help.

John B.

John Rusling
 Sr. Programmer Analyst