I'm working with some old programs that are using some techniques I'm not 100% familiar with. They are using temp files to simulate screen data so a process can run both interactively and in batch.

I am adding a procedure to the first RPG program, so I need to replace the O-specs. What I've tried so far (writing a record to WK424R) is not working. Looking for suggestions.

In the Calling CLP:
They create WK424R in QTEMP,
Then OVRDBF FILE(PRINT) TOFILE(WK424R)

In the first RPG pgm they populate a record in this file:

Fprint o f 2560 disk
C except scrnparms
OPRINT e scrnparms
O 2 'A1'
O s1com# 5
O* s1whs# 8
O* wkreqd 16
O* a2e 181
O* a2p 211
O* a2t 241
O* s3l 259
O* a3p 2209
O* s1srtf 2210
O* wkshpd 2218
O* s1updf 2219
O* w1hldf 2225
O* w1cptf 2226
O* s3o 2274
O s1slot 2277

In the second RPG pgm, they're accessing the file like this:
IPRINT NS
I 1 2 S1RIDC
I 3 5 S1COM#
I 6 8 S1WHS#