Fair comment Buck. First, my experience with sub-procedures is limited, so there is confusion on my part. Bear that in mind as you try to figure out what I am asking.

I have worked with sub-procedures in different shops. One problem seemed universal. Each programmer had his own set of sub-procedures. Was there overlap? Yes. But then, not really. Each sub-procedure was just enough different that when it came time to use an existing sub-procedure, it was almost just right, but not quite. After a few years there is various libraries, various slants on the same problems, and an overwhelming pile of sub-procedures to plow through to find one that one could use in a current project.

So, I look at that mess and it seems to me that many shops lose the benefits of sub-procedures after 5 years or so, especially if there is turnover of programmers. It strikes me that this is very unlike most things IBM i. Therefore I conclude there is something I do not understand about implementing %PBiF's in a shop.