The timestamp itself is something I'm looking at, but I think is not what
is causing the error.
This fails (and also with z'2015...)

000105 in.StartDate =
%timestamp('2015-12-08-14:26:46');
======> a
*RNF5008 20 a 000105 Factor 1 operand is not valid; defaults to
blanks.
*RNF5507 30 b 000105 A semi-colon is not specified at the end of a
free-format

specification.
000106 in.EndDate =
%timestamp('2015-12-16-00:00:00');
======> a
*RNF5008 20 a 000106 Factor 1 operand is not valid; defaults to
blanks.
*RNF5507 30 b 000106 A semi-colon is not specified at the end of a
free-format

specification.

I assumed it is complaining about in. - the qualified data structure
Am ignoring the green screen source edit :
Message ID . . . . . . : RNF5008 Severity . . . . . . . : 20
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Message . . . . : Factor 1 operand is not valid; defaults to blanks.
Cause . . . . . : The Factor 1 operand is not valid. The Factor 1 operand
must be blank or a valid name, literal, constant, special word, or format
code.
Recovery . . . : Correct the Factor 1 operand. Compile again.

Even this fails the screen edit: in.StartDate = StartDT;

But I do have to work out the timestamp format issues - this is a web
service program to a unix DB2 system,
and it is expecting this for a timestamp
'2015-12-08T14:26:46' without additional zeros at end (fails with
them)

Jim Franz

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>