Chuck

I believe I spoke wrongly - When SETGT is done with the last RRN or larger, %found() is *OFF, as one expects, because there is no record with an RRN higher than that of the last RRN (in order) - that also matches the part of the documentation I quoted.

My apologies - so let's do a restart on this - and I have been thinking about it.

The manual says the file is positioned to the end of the file - it doesn't say that %eof() is set *ON. There is a similar statement, I think, with SETLL *END - the position is set to the end of the file but EOF is not turned on.

A READP that follows either SETGT returns the last record - RRN 18 in this case.

Am I on a better path this time???

Regards
Vern