The advantage of SXSSF over HSSF and XSSF is that the spreadsheet is built
to disk, rather than java memory. It sounds counter intuitive, but the
stream to disk is faster. I believe that the time savings increases
exponentially with the spreadsheet memory footprint. I said previously,
that I saw similar sized spreadsheet >10,000 rows generate in half the time
with SXSSF. Why would your user base squawk at improved generation times?
I've also generated >1 million records in around half an hour. This was
something that crashed XSSF perviously due to memory constraints.

To fully take advantage of the memory savings, you need to make sure you're
using the SS_begin_object_group(100) and ss_end_object_group() in your
code.

To use SXSSF, you'll of course, need the latest POI java .jar files.
You'll also need to add the following two methods to your HSSF_H include
source file, assuming that you're using Scott Klement's stuff: By the way,
this doesn't require a recompile on the HSSF service program itself, this
only affects the source include.
D SXSSF_Workbook_Class...
D C 'org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming-
D .SXSSFWorkbook'
D SXSSFWorkbook S O CLASS(*JAVA:
SXSSF_WORKBOOK_CLASS)

D SXSSF_Workbook_Class...
D C 'org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming-
D .SXSSFWorkbook'
D SXSSFWorkbook S O CLASS(*JAVA:
SXSSF_WORKBOOK_CLASS)

* SXSSF_dispose(): Delete temporary file when done with save
D SXSSF_dispose PR n
D EXTPROC(*JAVA
D : SXSSF_Workbook_Class
D :'dispose')