Hi,
I am seeking help to get past this problem of connecting to an external database.

I am attempting to connect to an external database from an iSeries machine (V7R1M0) using the JTDS (Sourceforge) driver for SQLServer. I have created an RPG program with the JDBCR4 service program bound into it.
All I'm try to do at present is connect to the database.
When I run the program I am unable to connect to the database and I get the CPF9897 "JVMCFRE003 bad major version" message.
On Java console :
class=net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver, offset=6 error message

I have installed :
5770SS1 13 5050 System Openness Includes
5761JV1 *BASE 5050 IBM Developer Kit per Java
5761JV1 *BASE 2924 IBM Developer Kit per Java
5761JV1 *BASE 2932 IBM Developer Kit per Java
5761JV1 8 5108 J2SE 5.0 32 bit
5761JV1 9 5109 J2SE 5.0 64 bit
5761JV1 11 5111 Java SE 6 32 bit
5761JV1 12 5112 Java SE 6 64 bit
5761JV1 13 5113 Java Developer Kit (J2SE 1.4 64 bit)

Please, can someone help me ?

Regards,
Romanò Claudio
Immergas spa (Italy)

Program code:
/copy JDBC_H
d userid s 50a
d passwrd s 50a
d conn s like(connection)
d errorMsg s 50a
/free
userid = 'xxxxxx';
passwrd = '#########';
// Connect to the database :

conn = JDBC_Connect( 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver'
: 'jdbc:jtds:sqlserver:SRV-IMMSQL01:1433'
: %trim(userid)
: %trim(passwrd)
);

if conn = *null;
errorMsg = 'Unable to connect to SQL database.';
dsply errorMsg;
else;
errorMsg = 'Connected to SQL database.';
dsply errorMsg;
endif;

*inlr = *on;
[http://www.immergas.com/img/banner_50.jpg]
Immergas S.p.A. | Via Cisa Ligure, 95 | 42041 Brescello (RE) - Italy | facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Immergas-Italia/357907844320807?fref=ts> | twitter<http://www.twitter.com/immergasitalia> | youtube<http://www.youtube.com/immergasitalia> | immergas.com<http://www.immergas.com>
---
Questo messaggio è da ritenersi confidenziale e indirizzato solamente ai destinatari esplicitamente indicati. Quanto espresso nel presente messaggio non è da considerarsi come riconducibile a Immergas S.p.A, ma solamente all'autore del messaggio stesso.