If I recall correctly the version of Java that jTDS requires varies with the version of jTDS that you're using. jTDS 1.3.x requires Java 7, and jTDS 1.2.x works with older versions of Java.

So, you'll either want to install Java 7 (sometimes called "1.7") and if necessary, set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to it... or get an older version of jTDS. I used 1.2.5 successfully with older JVMs.

Good luck!

On 2/13/2014 2:38 PM, Graves, Chuck wrote:
What version of Java and/or components of Java do I need to make this program work? I'm now on my 3rd attempt to get this iSeries-->SQL Server working. I always get the following errors..

UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver

And a whole wrath of other messages, all related to ClassLoader

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 3:32 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Quick JDBCR4 questions

James,

The object group cleans up everything /except/ the 'rsmd' object. You still need to clean that up when you're done. (Unless there's an additional begin/end object group that's taking care of it.)

You can refer to it throughout your program after it has been retrieved
-- UNTIL it gets cleaned up (for example, by ending the object group it's a part of, or freeing that particular object directly, etc.)

-SK