On 17 Sep 2013 11:10, RPGLIST wrote:
One of our c# programmers is attempting to call a stored procedure
and pass me a large data set (approx 60,000 bytes) in a field defined
as a CLOB (iSeries DB2) but we're getting an SQL error that the
string length is too long, but I believe that a CLOB has a max size
of 2gb,

The error is: "String constant beginning with .1.....' too long.
Cause: The string constant beginning with .1...." is larger than
32740.

Suggestions?

My first suggestion is to choose a more appropriate forum. As described, that SQL0102 has nothing to do with a host language.

Second... the limit to the length of a string literal is irrespective of the use\declaration of a LOB. The caller should use a LOB variable rather than a simple scalar literal *character string* as the argument for the CLOB parameter.