Amanda,

I could not find anything in the reference manuals (or other sources) that
listed a limitation of the record length for a printer file. I always
thought it was 198, but that may just because of a /36 limitation I came
across years ago.

Besides, I take it from the tone of your message that your program actually
compiled, which would mean, if true, that 271 is a valid record length.

But you never said specifically what kind of problem you encountered. Was
there a hard halt (CPF error) or did it just fail to print some (or all) of
the line? Is the printer to which you are sending the report capable of
printing 271 characters per line? I know that, when I send a report longer
than 132 to our line printer, I have to OVRPRTF on the printer to print at
15 cpi; otherwise, it loses the "stuff" on the right-hand side of the
report.

More specifics on the problem might be helpful.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
In our brief national history we have shot four of our presidents, worried
five of them to death, impeached one and hounded another out of office. And
when all else fails, we hold an election and assassinate their character.
-P.J. O'Rourke