Tricky indeed. I'd rather extend the parm then (with at least 1 position).
That shouldn't be too much work ....

Kr,
Dirk.

Dirk Mariën

Toyota Motor Europe
60 Avenue du Bourget,
1140 Brussels, Belgium

Ph: +32 (0) 2 745 2581

www.toyota-europe.com

Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
25/01/2013 13:16
Please respond to
"RPG programming on the IBM i \(AS/400 and iSeries\)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Lost in free format conversion.

Dirk,

you can actually code it in /free but it is tricky:

// converting to alpha maintaining the sign

alpha = %editc(numeric:'X');

// converting it back to numeric

if %bitand(%subst(alpha:5:1):x'D0') = x'D0';
%subst(alpha:5:1) = %bitor(%subst(alpha:5:1):x'F0');
numeric = %dec(alpha:5:0);
numeric = numeric * -1;
else;
numeric = %dec(alpha:5:0);